Sunday, May 13, 2007

What a day - but the wrong result!

Yesterday was undoubtedly a memorable occasion for most people - the first cup final at the brand new Wembley stadium, and involving my team, Kidderminster Harriers, too - but I'm a bad loser so the 3-2 defeat has left me in a very sombre mood today. And it looked set for being a great result when James Constable's two goals in the first-half left Stevenage almost dead and buried. But the Harriers didn't repeat their initial dominance after the break and to rub salt in the wounds, Stevenage scored their winner just two minutes from time. I'm absolutely gutted! Okay, it was a great occasion, the record crowd of 53,000-plus saw a great game but the result is everything and I'm going off to lie in a dark corner of the house and lick my wounds....

No comments: