Sunday, December 30, 2007

Starved of Cry No More

Roy Hill at the Strawbs Party on 8 Dec. [Pic: Alison Brown]
Living on the other side of the world in Cambodia can be frustrating at times, particularly as I'm starved of news about the one-off annual Cry No More gig that took place in Twickenham on Friday night. Someone please put me out of my misery! There are certain things I miss back in Blighty, and Cry No More, especially the antics of Roy Hill, are one of them. Their Christmas 'Farewell' performance each year is fantastic fun for all the Cry No More diehards and newcomers like me. I didn't get into them until a couple of years ago but I knew Roy from way back when in the late 70s and his unique style and sense of timing is second-to-none. Believe me this man is a genius. I see they did a warm-up set during the Strawbs Christmas Party on 8 December in Teddington with four tracks - Landslide, Don't Leave Me Here, George's Bar and Holiday - but the main event, at the Turks Head on Friday night, was the one to be at. I should've flown back specially - call myself a real fan! For lots more info on Roy, click here.
Postscript: I'm out of my misery, as two gig reports from the Cry No More Farewell Christmas performance can now be found, with a link to photos, here. Keep your eyes peeled for a plethora of Cry No More and Roy Hill cd & dvd releases sometime in 2008. He has promised me it'll happen and I believe him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You really did miss a treat, but there's a chance to catch some of the action over on Cry No More's Myspace site, here.