Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Raffles Revelry

The folks at Raffles certainly know how to throw a good party. Tonight at Hotel Le Royal in Phnom Penh they hosted their annual December thank you party to their tour company/travel agency partners and I went along with half a dozen of the Hanuman crew to enjoy the heartfelt welcome, a sumptuous buffet and to meet new and old friends like Shanti and Dana, from the Raffles sales team, who have made me feel so welcome whenever we've met in recent months, including a complimentary night at The Raffles Grand d'Angkor in Siem Reap a few weeks ago. They had covered the swimming pool with candles and ice sculptures and plied over 150 guests with quality food and copious drink that simply never stopped coming. Hats off to Raffles for looking after us all so well - they are the creme de la creme of hotels in Cambodia and deserve their status at the top.

Here's a photo of The Raffles Grand d'Angkor I took on my visit to Siem Reap recently

This picture from last night caught me as I wrestled with my digital camera. I've never used digital until very recently and the camera I'm holding is probably the most frustrating piece of equipment I've ever used. It's one of the office's cameras and last night sealed it's fate - I'm buying my own immediately.

No comments: