Friday, May 26, 2006

Favourite photos....

From time to time, I'll post some of my favourite photos, and why...
This is Dany and her dazzling smile. I met her and her friend, Kim Hoy, as I crossed a sandbank causeway between two islands in the middle of the Mekong River, in March 2002. The islands were Oknhatey and Koh Dach and the girls were pushing their bicycles, brimming with plastic coloured bowls, through the clogging sand. At we passed each other, with both girls giggling and shyly covering up their beautiful smiles, Dany lost her grip and her cycle crashed to the floor, scattering her wares in all directions. I helped pick up the bowls as they explained they came from Prey Veng province and were staying with friends near Phnom Penh. Dany's smile was absolutely captivating and amid the giggles, she told my moto-driver Ran that I was the first foreigner she'd ever met, and that I had a beautiful (and large) nose!
Just another of those moments in time that will forever remind me of what a bewitching place Cambodia is.

No comments: