Friday, November 02, 2007

Phnom Penh snap-shot


Not that anyone will be remotely interested but here’s a couple of photos from my new existence in Phnom Penh. The top photo is my desk at Hanuman Tourism HQ in the Boeung Keng Kang 1 area of the city. The building and my office are decked out with some beautiful and rare Khmer antiques and the room is air-conditioned too thank goodness. I’ve been presented with a brand new Lenovo lap-top, but the downside is that I share the office with Nick (only kidding Bong Ray). Below that is a view of the living room at my new flat, a few blocks away from the office. The whicker bookshelves are groaning under the weight of all my books on Cambodia that I’ve had shipped over and the room is a bit sparse right now aside from my tv/dvd, settee and chairs, writing desk and coffee table. The neighborhood is very popular with NGOs and expats who want to live away from the bustling riverfront district (like me), and aside from the beer-garden-cum-karaoke nightspot around the corner, it’s a quiet haven. There’s a lot of construction work happening within a few blocks though, as more high-rise apartments are built to cater for the upwardly-mobile sector of the city.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy

What a fabulous looking office!

Wish mine in (very cold) London looked like that :0)

Rachel x

Anonymous said...

you have a nice taste in designing. I like it. thanks for sharing!!!!

-someey

Location: said...

pu barang,
your office looks gorgeous.
I thought it was prime minister's office. wow...

The funitures look like they are made from neang nuon (Khmer mohagany).