Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Home Sweet Home

My new abode, a flat on the 1st floor with sunblinds
I mentioned a few days ago that I'm living in a flat (others call it an apartment, Khmers call it a house) a few blocks away from the Hanuman office – in the expat-favoured Boeung Keng Kang 1 area of the city. I have two bedrooms, both with air-con and en-suite bathrooms, a living room with tv/dvd, bulging bookcases, rattan settee and chairs, writing desk and coffee table, a long hallway and a kitchen, with brand new washing machine and fridge but where I spend as little time as possible. My landlords, Thou and Oun, live with their half dozen children in the quarters below and are a very nice bunch of people. I employ the services of a maid three afternoons a week, and Sophan has already become indispensible. The flat is within spitting distance of some handy restaurants, bars and a Lucky supermarket and the neighborhood is very popular with NGOs and expats who want some peace and quiet away from the bustling riverfront district.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, looks amazing! how did you manage to find that dig?