Thursday, November 08, 2007

Cambodian wildlife

Butterflies are common in Cambodia, but this was a real beauty
Spiders are also common, but not usually close to my face
Continuing my Cambodian wildlife theme. As I've said before, my knowledge of wildlife in Cambodia is pretty poor so above are a couple of likely suspects I've caught on camera recently and I'd like your help in identifying them. The butterfly was beautiful and harmless, but I'm not so sure about the spider which I didn't realise was just inches from my face. Can you name them? Both were photographed in Ratanakiri province.
Below is wildlife of a pretend kind, this time a colourful dragon in the grounds of the Sokha Beach Resort in Sihanoukville. Its tail can be found on the beach itself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These wildlife are too amazing, never seen it before. Born Cambodian myself, I have no idea what their names are. But they are real beauty.
Hope you wouldn't mind that I add some of these pictures into the photo stream in my site. Thanks for sharing.

Mariam Arthur said...

While staying in a village in Takeo province, there was a spider like this one in my bed!

Being dark, I ran my hand over the bed before climbing in, thinking there might be a beetle. I felt something and turned on the flashlight. To my horror what I had felt moments before was a spider like this one - the size of a tarantula!

On subsequent nights I turned the flashlight on first.